Toronto, Ontario, April 3, 2018 – Compass Gold Corp. (TSX-V:CVB) (Compass or the Company) is pleased to provide an update on the previously announced (see Compass news release dated Feb. 28, 2018) ongoing shallow soil geochemical survey program at the Ouassada exploration permit on its Sikasso Property in Southern Mali.
- Four additional parallel, northwest-trending gold anomalies have now been identified over strike lengths up to 12 km and widths up to 2 km (see Figure below), bringing the total to nine.
- Highest soil samples contain 3,800 parts per billion (ppb) gold (Au) (3.8 grams per tonne (g/t) Au) 550 m north of artisanal workings at Farabakoura. Highest gold concentrations are not restricted to areas of known workings.
- In this latest round of work, a total of 1,139 shallow soil samples were collected on the Ouassada permit where the average gold background for shallow soil samples was 5 ppb.
- Deep soil auger sampling at Ouassada is now 90% complete, and the shallow soil sampling is currently taking place on the Sankarani permit with 88% of the samples collected.
- High-resolution Airborne geophysical interpretation, and structural and hyperspectral remote sensing (satellite) studies have been initiated.
Click here for full news release.
As your new President and CEO of Compass Gold Corp., I would first like to thank the many individuals who have made this exciting “relaunch” of our company possible. The strong support of our shareholders, the sound guidance of our advisors and the diligent efforts of our management team and directors have all combined to bring us to where we are today; ready to return to Mali and roll out an aggressive gold exploration program on our highly prospective Sikasso properties.
Click here to read the full letter
Exploration Program Initiated in Mali
Toronto, Ontario, December 18, 2017 – Compass Gold Corp. (TSX-V:CVB) (Compass or the Company) is pleased to announce the formal appointment of three new members to the executive management team.
As previously announced by the Company on November 29, 2017, Larry Phillips has been appointed President and Chief Executive Officer. At a meeting of the Board of Directors on December 12th, the Directors appointed Louis Nagy as the Company’s Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary, replacing Lara Iacusso and Danica Topolewski. The Directors also appointed Sandy Archibald, PhD, PGeo, as Technical Director and Greg Taylor as Director, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications. Further information about the management team is set out below.
CLICK HERE TO READ FULL NEWS RELEASE