Toronto, Ontario, September 27, 2018 – Compass Gold Corp. (TSX-V: CVB) (Compass or the Company) is pleased to announce that it has engaged a drilling contractor in preparation for the Company’s initial 3,500 m bedrock-drilling program on the Ouassada permit on its Sikasso Property in Southern Mali.
- Signed drilling contact with Target Drilling SARL for the provision of 2,500 m of air core (AC) drilling and 1,000 m of reverse circulation (RC) drilling
- Drilling represents the first ever bedrock drilling on the 1,179 sq. km Sikasso Property
- Initial drilling will focus on four zones on the Ouassada permit considered to be priority areas, and which contain active artisanal gold mining
- A total of 14 drilling targets were identified on the permit using a combination of geochemistry, geophysics, remote sensing and geological mapping
- The drilling targets average 1.2 km in length, and the expected depth to fresh bedrock is approximately 50 m
Compass CEO, Larry Phillips, commented, “I am excited at the prospect of drill testing the first of the bedrock drill targets at Ouassada that our technical team has worked diligently to select. Target Drilling has a good reputation and track record in Mali, and we eagerly anticipate seeing their drill rigs starting as soon as ground conditions permit. Artisanal miners have been finding gold in the bedrock on the Sikasso Property for at least fifteen years, but this will be the first time anyone has drill-tested it.”