Drilling Program Continues on Tarabala Trend
Toronto, Ontario, July 6, 2021 – Compass Gold Corp. (TSX-V: CVB) (Compass or the Company) reports the results of the recently completed drilling at the Old Sam and Dialéké prospects, located on the Company’s Sikasso Property in Southern Mali (Figure 1).
- Drilling at Old Sam identifies a wide zone of shallow gold mineralization, associated with the Samagouela shear zone and pronounced shallow gold in soil anomalies
- Highest-grade drill interval: 2 m @ 1.06 g/t Au (from 21 m)
- Widest interval: 4 m @ 0.76 g/t Au (from 13 m)
- Drilling at the Dialéké artisanal workings intercepted several narrow gold intercepts, including 1 m @ 10.27 g/t Au
- Soil anomalism (up to 1.03 g/t Au) has been identified on a structure parallel to the Tarabala Fault
- Initial phase of a 10,000 m infill drilling program at Massala West is progressing well
Compass CEO, Larry Phillips, said, “Our recent reports have focused on the exciting Tarabala trend and the three large mineralized zones where a deeper drilling program is ready to commence. At the same time, our team continues to evaluate our extensive ground package through a systematic, aggressive shallow drill program, discovering additional targets for our exploration pipeline.
The first drilling results at the Old Sam target, 40 km south of Tarabala, are highly encouraging. Initial drilling has discovered a shallow zone of low-grade gold along a 2 km strike from the Samagouela artisanal workings. A follow-up drilling program is being planned in order to identify wider, higher grade zones of mineralization at this important new target.
To the north along the Farabakoura Trend, the first shallow drilling at the Dialéké target has also intercepted gold mineralization, including some very high-grade narrow intercepts up to 10.27 g/t Au, which will be also be the subject of further work.
Meanwhile, our team is preparing to start our previously announced 10,000 m infill and deeper drilling program over a 5.4 km zone on the highly prospective Tarabala Trend at the Tarabala, Massala West and Massala Extension prospects. Drilling will proceed through the rainy season, and we expect to see the initial results towards the end of July.